Tuesday, October 13, 2009

1st day of Radiation

I had my first radiation therapy today. I got three tattoos that are permanent and the size of freckles. They line everything up with those markers. One is on my chest, under in the fold of my left breast and one slightly lower in my armpit. I was told I would not feel anything but that was not the fact. I felt a pulling on my throat and a tightening in my chest. Felt like they were sucking the life out of me in less than 3 minutes. Hopefully that was my imagination and tomorrow will go better. She, the nurse, thinks it is like your hair standing on end feeling but she has never had it done. This will continue now for 6 weeks, 5 days a week.

I also started the Tamoxifen on my last visit about a week and a half ago. I felt sick the second day and have been getting headaches. I am hoping that I will get used to the drug and those side effects will subside. I will be taking that for 5 years, though this month is a trial run.

I will let you know if tomorrow is any different.

No comments:

Post a Comment