Sunday, October 25, 2009

Football Senior Night

Senior Night in Roundup, MT. It is the last game of the season and they honor the seniors and their parents. I went up to join Justin for the event. Justin looked great and I loved just being there hugging on him and kissing his cheeks. They lost their game but it was still fun to watch. The weather was low 40's, windy as hell and then started to lightly rain. After half time the rain stopped and it wasn't too bad. We had a chilli dinner and cake with the senior athletes and parents. Gifts were given from coaches and staff and pictures were taken. Tears were being shed. It was a nice night all in all with a very small
town feel.

Justin was "released" from the group home and probation in May of last year. His best friend Tyler is also a senior this year and on the football team, quarterback, and he said to Justin that they had an extra room and I bet my mom, Sarah, would let you come stay with us. She did and loves having Justin there. I am not surprised. He is a wonderful kid and very helpful. Sarah said Justin was a
good influence on Tyler. The two of them together generally make good life decisions and compliment each other well.

We went to breakfast this morning, the 5 of us. Sarah also has a 13 year old daughter named Alicia. Their dad is "out of the picture" in life but he is Korean. She has beautiful kids just like my niece and nephew, Aaron and Angie.
Then we went and all got our flu vaccinations. All the kids had both flu shots and I had the swine flu shot since I am having radiation and on Tamoxifen, my immune system is down. Nothing but fun in Roundup. LOL!!

We dropped the kids off at the house and went to Sarah's moms' Flower Shop in Roundup. Cute little shop with a Farm touch. Selling candles,lotions, antiques, cookbooks and just girly things. I was in heaven. But I was a good girl and bought nothing. It was hard to do, she had some neat stuff. It was great beng able to get to know everyone and spending the time with them. Justin's graduation will be on May 23rd for anyone who would like to go.


2 comments:

  1. Best of luck as you deal with breast cancer. As this is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, (and in light of your 'Feel Your Boobies' badge on your blog), I'd love for you to check out this 30 sec video -- http://www.ahamoment.com/vote/leigh -- about the 'aha moment' of the woman who launched the feel your boobies campaign. If you like it, vote for it with one simple click, as the top vote-getters will be used as aha moment TV commercials next year. And more exposure and awareness for the cause would be a good thing.

    Thx,
    jack@ahamoment.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love these pictures!! Justin is so nice looking and I'm glad he is doing so well.

    YOU look beautiful, my dear. I'm so glad you don't have to have chemo. I know the radiation is hard and you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete