Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday


I have now been to radiation for a week. Just 5 more weeks to go. Every monday I have a follow-up appointment with Dr. Koplein, the radiation oncologist to make sure that everything is going okay and the skin on my breast is handling everything okay. This kind of worried me due to the fact that I have a $30 co-pay every time that I see him. That means $120 a month. I talked to him about my concern and he told me not to worry. He will take what the insurance pays and write off the rest. Truly these doctors here have been a blessing, understanding and compassionate. My appointment went well and everything is looking great.

Mark was curious as to what the radiation machine looks like. It is huge, white and intimidating for sure. I lay on a bed with my hands above my head holding to two handles. The bed raises up and back to the machine. That huge L shaped machine pivots around my chest and gets me from all angles. Hard to explain but I hope that you get the general idea. It takes a matter of 15 minutes a day. Most of that time is spent undressing and getting dressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment