Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I am feeling defeated!!

Up until now I have been going along with the plan that they have given me. I have gotten about 18 sessions of radiation under my belt (so to say). I was taking the Tamoxifen for a month but got off of it. I was having big memory issues. I have been off of it now for a couple of weeks and doing better. I will start up again when the radiation treatment is done. I love the girls that I see daily for my sessions and feel like they have become friends.

For the past week I have had a dull aching pain in my breast that had the surgery. Last night it became very painful and today it was unbearable. I called the doctor and got tin to see and found that I have an infection inside of my breast. He says that the fluids build up in there and sometimes don't drain the way that they are supposed to and with having radiation my immunity is down. He started me on a 10 day antibiotic and I am back on my pain pills. I am looking forward to no pain. The feeling of pain just brings back home that "I am a breast cancer patient". A bit of reality that is so hard for me to accept. When I feel the pain I feel defeated and less of who I am.

Well, there is my update. Have a good week everyone.

I love you all,

Shawnae

No comments:

Post a Comment