Thursday, September 15, 2011

Surgery day is coming!

My surgery has been moved up about 5 hours. I am excited about that. It was at 1:30 and I was not allowed to eat or drink until then. I would starve. Ha ha! I am now going in at 6:30 and the surgery is scheduled for 7:30. I have purchased all of the items that are needed for post op. I am supposed to sleep in a mostly upright position for 2 weeks and I cannot lift my hands away from my sides during that time.

We are staying at the Come on Inn after the surgery. They will prepare the room for us with many blankets, pillows, tea, and the room comes with a lazyboy. The following day at 9:30am I will have a post op appointment with the doctor before I go home to make sure that everything looks good. He will also give us a list of instructions for after care. I will have another appointment with him 2 weeks following this appointment.

Well the next time I write it will be done and I will let you know how it went.
I am scared and excited in one big breath.
Pray for the best. I know that I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment