Friday, September 11, 2009

September 11, 2009

Appointment with the surgeon

Today I had my follow up appt. with the surgeon. He was just checking to see how well I was recovering and how the incisions were healing. Everything looks good. He told me that when they removed the tumor they removed with it 2mm of margins as well. When the had to go back in, because the margins weren't clear, they removed 1cm more around where the tumor was. The fluid build up that was sloshing has now absorbed back into my body. Good thing too because it was grossing Mark out. Ha!! He has a weak stomache for that sort of thing. So of course every now and then I had to jiggle it for effect. Grin!

My appointment that will mean something now will be on thursday the 17th. I will find out my treatment regimine from both the medical and radiology oncologist (2 separate doctors).
I will keep you updated on the choices that they give me.

Mark is on his way here now with the smaller boat in tow. I left Kalispell yesterday. We definitely get our driving in and mileage on the vehicles. We are going camping /boating somewhere around here. Haven't decided where yet. But, wherever it is it will be beautiful and fun and we will be together. I know, mushy huh?

Chat more later.
Shawnae

1 comment: