Monday, September 14, 2009

September 14, 2009



Okay...first of all ....no lecturing!! I am 43 years old now and if anyone knows me it is all of you. You know how stubborn I can be and when I want to do something, you know that nothing will stop me and I will do it.

So we went out on Hebgen Lake this weekend and my roomate came with us. I had asked my doctor if I was allowed to swin in the lake. He said it would be fine. "Really? Cool. So how about waterskiing, Doc?" He didn't think that would be such a hot idea just in case I fell onto my boob. "What if I am a really good skiier and I didn't fall?" He said that would be okay but he doesn't advise it.

Well, I did ski. It felt great being in the water and having that rush. I have to tell you. My life has been sort of thrown upside down and out of my control for the last 2 months. I wanted something that I could be in control. I was going to ski and "fuck cancer". (parden the french)
Mark skiied as well and did the best that I have seen him do. He was excited when my roommate, Bridget, said that he looked "athletic". He looked awful handsome to me. Grin.

So, that night I slept on my stomach, which I haven't done since the surgery and woke up with blood on my shirt the size of a grapefruit. Later that night we couldn't get it to stop bleeding. We called the service and the on call surgeon called us right back. It is common to have this happen after a second surgery. A blood vessel broke and we need to put direct pressure on it for 20 minutes until our finger goes numb. I did this and it did stop. Though now all of the fluid has now built back up again and my boob is inflated and swollen. Painful to say the least. Hmmmmm.

I will let you know what I hear on Thursday.

Shawnae

No comments:

Post a Comment