Friday, August 14, 2009

August 14, 2009

I had my visit to the Medical Oncologist (MO) today. Just two weeks ago I couldn't tell you what this profession was. However, today I could tell you that he is the doctor that decides what my treatment will be following the surgery. He let me know that the hormone receptor status test results were back. They test the sample of the first biopsy to find out how the tumor will react to the hormones therapy. Mine tested well. Meaning if I need that treatment after radiation I may be able to avoid having chemotherapy.
I also decided today, after much discussion with my sisters and the MO that I am going to send my first biopsy out to a doctor in Tulsa, OK to have a second opinion. The results will be back in 7-10 days. In the mean time I will try to schedule surgery for 2 weeks from Monday.

On a brighter side, I am at Mark's now. I got here at about 3:30 and started dinner. I made three cheese manicotti w italian sausage, a green salad w green leaf lettuce picked fresh from Mark's garden, garlic bread, and a glass of Cabarnet Sauvignon. Delicious. It is 52 degrees outside so se sat in front of the fire after dinner, Mark on his back snoring by me reading email. Grin. Fat and happy.

We are canning green beans now that we both picked out of his
garden this evening. we are doing 10 jars in his pressure cooker
which I hear it steaming and rocking behind me. Jerry, It sounds l
ike a train coming through the kitchen if I close my eyes.
Here is a picture of the beans. I hope that you all have a great weekend. We will!!

No comments:

Post a Comment