Saturday, August 29, 2009

Saturday August 29, 2009

Two days after surgery now and I am feeling a lot better. Last night Mark and I went for a 1/2 mile walk after dinner. It was nice to get out and have some fresh air. I have had lots of friends come by with flowers and love. I got flowers brought to the hospital from my work and my son, Justin 18, sent me a beautiful bouquet. I am so touched by all of your thoughtfulness. I feel blessed to have friends and family who care. Thank you.
Mark described to me a client who buys books from garage sales and then resells them on E-bay and makes a huge profit. He brings in about $100 a day and $2000/ mo. That is awesome. So for our entertainment this morning we went to garage sales with the sole purpose to purchase stuff that we would think would resell on E-bay for a profit and we will put that profit money into a vacation fund. We had a great time. Though we started out in the hole buying items for our own use. LOL!! Mark found brand new dress shirts still in pins and couldn't pass them up for a dollar a piece. I found a nice pottery handmade decanter that would look great in my living room for a dollar. After that we started shopping for E-Bay.
After about 3 or 4 hours of this I was pooped and without ice swollen to double the size. So, we came home and iced up and watched a movie. Lynne, who works in the office with me, stopped by and brought fresh halibut, and veges from her garden (green beans, cucumbers, tomatoes and raspberries) and a bottle of white wine. I made dinner (delicious recipe posted below) while Mark was so kind to fix my back windows in my Durango that I had previously bought parts for. He is so dang handy!!
Well, there is the update of how things are going. Still sore, swelling is still there, very bruised, but time cures all. I am thrilled to have Mark here with me and he has been a HUGE help, though I have been reprimanded quite a few times for being stubborn and getting things myself and not allowing him to do it for me. It is that independent side that I have. Ooops.
Love to you all,
Shawnae

No comments:

Post a Comment