Monday, August 17, 2009

Surgery date is scheduled

On my way home from Mark's today I spent my time on the phone with the surgeons nurse and got everything squared away. Hopefully! My biopsy went out for a 2nd opinion on Friday. It will take 10 days to 2 weeks for the results. We have scheduled surgery tentatively for August 27th which is a Thurs. I can get in my work week and Mark can get in most of his and then work from my house. He is coming down Wed. night so that he can drive me to the hospital and home and help me out post surgery. I welcome the help and know he is a huge blessing. I am a very lucky girl to have him in my life. Hea has been tremendous through all of this. Though, he may change his mind if I am not a good patient. Grin!! I will have to stay on my best behavior so I don't run him off.
Until then I think it will be 2 weeks of no more tests and just waiting for results and surgery.
It will be a long 2 weeks I am sure. Thank you for all of the warm wishes and prayers. They mean a lot.

Love to you all,

Shawnae

1 comment:

  1. Nae-Nae, You're right - waiting is the hardest part, but I think you were very smart to ask for your slides to be read by another pathologist. Hopefully you'll have no more hoops to jump through before the 27th! I'm have surgery on my shoulder for a rotator cuff tear on the 28th - we can be drugged up together at the same time. Wish I could be there with you. Mark is a blessing, and Pete is to me, also.

    ReplyDelete