Thursday, August 20, 2009

It is drawing near....

I got a call today from someone on the hospital staff to do a preliminary check for surgery. They do the rundown on my medical history. Much I do not know. Lori was with me when I saw the surgeon and I learned a lot about my families history....which I will probably forget in a month. I don't even remember my own medical history. She asked if I had any surgeries that required anesthesia. Yes I did, but I couldn't recall what they were. I ought to be doing something about my memory loss not breast cancer. Awkward grin!! After talking with her for 15 minutes I finally remembered both occasions. Brother!

I was told of the do's and don'ts before surgery. I ought to starve to death before they even put me under. Hmmm! I can't even have a morning cup of coffee. (or wear make-up for that matter) Wow, that's a bad day in my world. I better have a good hair day to make up for it.

So, I guess that things are underway now. Hopefully the 2nd opinion will be back before Thurs.
I would hate to go through another week of waiting. Just want to get it all rolling now.

Ciao,
Shawnae

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shawnae,

    I just found your link from Lori's blog. I just caught up reading all your posts. I hope everything goes well. You are in mine & Michael's prayers.

    Love, Amberly

    ReplyDelete