Thursday, August 13, 2009

Time to go to work...

Well, my first biopsy 2 weeks ago wasn't very painful and I pretty much bounced right back. I figured after this one, "no problem I will go back to work the next day and not lose any hours".
Wow, was I fooling myself. I woke up in SO much pain. Especially the left breast. I have to wear my bra to bed. They instructed me to wear it for 24 hours after the surgery. Which is fine because it holds the ice packs in place. I woke up this morning though and the ice packs were warm, understandably, and the Tylenol had worn off. ZOWIE!! I had to sleep in my shirt that I wore yesterday to the surgery because I couldn't lift my arms to get it off. I suppose I will wear it today too. LOL! Good thing I am not going out. I am sure that my hair is wild too. Grin!!
So, I have now taken some Tylenol and put in the ice pack and climbed back into bed. Lying down is painful so going back to sleep right now is not an option. So here I am blogging to all of you. My roommate was so kind as to bring me a cup of coffee.
Well, hope you all have a great day.
I will be going to my Medical Oncologist appointment on Friday at 8, with my SUV packed and then heading out to Kalispell. Plans are to take the big boat out to Wild Horse Island on Flathead Lake. Do some hiking and fishing and my favorite, suntanning in my bikini on the front of the boat. Then this weekend we will also pick the green beans out of his garden and can those. I have never canned and am looking forward to learning. Mark, I am sure, will be a great teacher. Being blonde as I am though, he might have to splain it twice. Ha!!
Have a great day and I will send a picture of the island when I get back.

2 comments:

  1. Who would ever thunk that your bra will be your best friend over the next few months?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sweetie - when is surgery schedule?

    ReplyDelete