Thursday, August 13, 2009

A book for friends and family


While doing some research on breast cancer, I came across this book. I am horrible when it comes to sicknesses and death. I don't know what to say or how to deal with it. I think I may even read this book to help me along socially. Having been diagnosed with breast cancer now, friends and people I just meet have cancer too. What do I say to them? A great book to check out at the library. http://www.lorihope.com/


Help Me Live: 20 Things People with Cancer Want You to Know.

by: Lori Hope


-->
What People with Cancer Want You to Know
Five of the "20 things people with cancer want you to know"

• "It's okay to say or do the 'wrong' thing."
• "I like to hear success stories, not horror stories."
• "I need to forget and laugh." (Mark is super at this)
• "I need to feel hope."
• "Telling me to think positively can make me feel worse."

No comments:

Post a Comment